Unsupported WSN Forum Free
You may use WSN Forum's free version for as long as you want. The only support available for it is bug fixing and installation support, and it has many advanced features and money-making options disabled* -- but still has more features than most paid scripts.
- Download WSN Forum autosetup.php (make sure you get this free copy, not the one on the trial page)
- If you don't have a web host yet, here's a few that fully support WSN's requirements: Dream Host, HostGator, Blue Host, Site Ground
- Open up your web hosting control panel and click "File Manager". Navigate to the public_html site. If you want to install to the base of your domain name, upload the autosetup.php there. If you want to install to a subsite, use the file manager to create the subsite and then place autosetup.php in that.
- Go back to the front page of your web hosting control panel and find "MySQL" or "Databases". Click that. If you already have a database, write down the host name (usually localhost), database name, username and password which you'll need for installling WSN Forum. If you don't have one yet, create the database and database user here and write down the info. If it doesn't generate them at the same time for you, create the database first then the user for it, then make sure you assign the user to the database with full permissions.
- Visit the location on your website at which you've uploaded the autosetup.php, using your web browser (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer). For example, http://yoursite.com/autosetup.php
- Follow the instructions on screen to create your website.
That's it, you're done! You don't even need to add a linkback.
Note: If you've already installed a trial version, it will convert to free automatically when the trial expires.
* Disabled features in the free version include sponsorship, shopping cart system, affiliate links, payments to submitter, advertising banner rotator, mathjax, announcements, revisions, calendar, chat, shoutbox, quotes, feed submissions, rollbacks, alexa, link cloaking, link claiming, outgoing links frameset, pagerank, automatic reciprocal link verification, feeds, topic availability calendars, blog pings, related topics, CSV download, bumps, forum types, similar forums, sitemap, post icons, replies received, post types, buddy and ignore lists, illiteracy reviews system, warning points, member blog RSS, member macros, sort forums, instant messaging, guestbook, online user list, user notes, total time online, link exchange system, member ratings, statistics, gravatars, tags, keyword subscriptions